The Canadian Orthopaedic Residents’ Association (CORA) will be holding its 2011 Annual Meeting in conjunction with the COA and CORS Annual Meeting in St. John’s, Newfoundland.
New Meeting Format!
To avoid conflict with the COA and CORS sessions, and to allow residents maximal opportunities, the CORA meeting will take place the day before the COA meeting begins.
CORA = Wednesday, July 6
COA/CORS = Thursday-Saturday July 7-9
Preliminary CORA meeting program (subject to changes)
WEDNESDAY JULY 6
0800-0900 CORA Breakfast Symposium Supported by Osteoporosis Canada
- Dr. Diane Therriault, Clinical Rheumatologist with a specialty in osteoporosis, and past Chair of Osteoporosis Canada’s Board of Directors, will review data documenting the post fracture care gap in Canada, including the role of osteoporosis treatment in the prevention of secondary fractures, and a review of the data on the harms of osteoporosis drug therapy, especially in regards to atypical femoral fractures. Complete hot breakfast and coffee provided. RSVP for the breakfast with Kerry Grady.
0915-1145 CORA Paper Session
- Moderators: Dr. Andrew N. Pollak (University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD), Dr. Frank O’Dea (Memorial University, St. John’s, NL)
1330-1530 CORA Symposium: The (Un) Happy Triad: research, exam and fellowship -what you need to know to succeed
- Symposium speakers:
- Research: Dr. Andy Pollak (University of Maryland)
- Exam: TBA
- Fellowship: Dr. Jesse Shantz (PGY5 University of Manitoba)
1600-1730 CORA Round Table Discussion: We Want it All - how to balance orthopaedics and kids - an informal discussion with two fantastic mentors
- Speakers: Dr. Jennifer Fletcher (Saint John, NB) & Dr. Laurie Hiemstra (Banff, AB)
1730-1830 Signal Hill/Quidi Vidi Lake Group Run: Earn your fish n' chips! All levels welcome (Weather permitting. Meeting place will be announced on site)
1900 CORA Social Night @ O’Reilly’s Pub (*ticket required)
CORA Social Night – 1900 Wednesday, July 6
13 George Street, St. John's, NL
A limited number of tickets are available for the CORA social night so be sure to purchase yours when you register. No tickets will be available for purchase on site. Tickets are $10 each and include a drink ticket and a pub-style fish and chips dinner (two piece panko breaded fillet of cod, fresh cut french fries with lemon wedge & tartar sauce, served on checkered parchment paper. Screech & chocolate mousse tart for dessert). Purchase your tickets when you register for the meeting online!
There will be no registration fees for the CORA paper session, symposia and round table discussion. Simply check these items off on your registration form when you register online for the COA meeting.
Early bird registration deadline = April 15
Online registration deadline = June 18
No CORA meeting on site registration.
July 6th – CORA in St. John’s! (arrive on July 5th)
Information about hotels, travelling to St. John’s and a preliminary COA/CORS meeting program are available here: www.coaannualmeeting.org